In April 2022 Aaron Alburey spoke to Mark Corden from Parkdean Resorts, as well as Alastair Logan from Ceridian, about some the challenges businesses face when implementing a new HCM system. Who are the key stakeholders that you need to get buy in from? How did Parkdean go about doing it? Find out in the latest LACE webinar – an on demand version of which is listed below.
Key takeaways for a successful HR technology implementation:
- Focus on the scope and baseline that is really needed in the time frame – not what is wanted
- Develop early a ‘plan on a page’ which brings to life the first year and its outcomes
- Focus first on what is “Good Enough” and then what comes next in successive waves
- Keep it simple – don’t over engineer in that first sprint deployment
- Set a clear purpose of the project which goes beyond HR and talks to business outcomes
- Design, Testing and Adoption are the critical phases in an accelerated deployment
- Don’t hold back on staffing – in an accelerated delivery you need available capability
- Where you can, backfill and release your A-players to the project
- Set up BAU for success and specify a date for knowledge transfer to focus the handover
- Adoption begins early and doesn’t end with go-live. Define your post go-live change approach and team
- Build champions networks early and at different levels, communicate to them from leadership not the project
- Use metrics to focus your efforts for change and adoption (e.g. login and completion rates)
- Recognise the impact on your team, it will be intense and at times relentless – celebrate successes and have fun where you can
If you would like to learn how our team can support yours for a successful technology selection or implementation, please reach out here.